It is an articulated initiative, whose ultimate goals are the recovery of the “precious ” chandeliers, not only in terms of value, but also in terms of meaning for the Emilia Romagna region and the promotion of Murano glass through a major operation to safeguard artistic .
The project includes many various aspects:
– SOLIDARITY for a population afflicted by the earthquake, in order to help them to come back to normality, through the restoration of historical artworks, much beloved by the population.
– CLOSENESS by the people of Venice to the people of Emilia Romagna, who has much suffered because of the earthquake.
– RE-BIRTH as the chandeliers have reached a symbolic meaning. Their restoration will represent a coming back to normality.
– REMEMBRANCE for not to forget those dramatic events and the population’s most essential needs
– CULTURE as the chandeliers have a lot of history and anecdotes.
– ORIGIN as the chandeliers are coming back to their birthplace, Murano.
– ARTISTIC SAFEGUARD through their rescue and restoration.
– PROMOTION of the Venetian territory.
– PROMOTION of Murano glass and its one thousand years old tradition.
– MEDIATIC EXPOSURE for all those which will participate to the project.